Saturday, August 20, 2011

Big Game Hunter or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Class

I've always loved Hunters. It was the second class I played in WoW, back when they could use shields; but that is a story for another day.

The point of today's post is that my next F2P class will be a Hunter. I know that they flood the BGs (not when I play though) and I will be rolling Ally for the eye patch (Sorry Horde), but it is a class near and dear to my heart and I really, really want want to tame a Ghost Saber and name her Æther.

So I am really sorry to everyone, please don't rage at me, but I was going to do it eventually and I have been playing my Hunter A LOT on my P2P account and it made me realize how much I missed it.


I will be rolling a female Night Elf Marksmanship, Hunter named Dysphoria.

Why Night Elf?

Shadowmeld is a nice little combat trick as it Quickness. Other than that, for looks.

Why Marksmanship?

At this level I have a few options:

Beast Mastery: Attack Power boost and Intimidate which is useless in PvP. My spec would probably be Imp Kill Command, giving my Kill Command a 10% increased chance to crit, One with Nature, giving me a +30% bonus on Aspect of the Hawk bringing it to 81 RAP, and then putting the last point into Spirit Bond for 1% HP regen every 10 seconds. Overall, it's not too great.

Survival: 10% bonus to Agility and Explosive Shot which is rather nice. My spec would probably be Imp Serpent Sting, +10% boost to Serpent Stings damage and it automatically does 30% of the damage when it hits, and then it would be a toss up between going 3/1 or 1/3 into Hunter vs Wild and Pathing, either a 5% Stam bonus and 3% Ranged Haste bonus or 15% Stam bonus and 1% Ranged Haste bonus. Since traps aren't unlocked until after level 20, there's really no reason to go into the second tier of talents. 2 seconds knocked off of Disengage is probably the best you will come by, but compared to Pathing and Hunter vs Wild, it's a no brainer which is better.

My Spec:



Efficiency - Rank 3/3
Reduces the Focus cost of your Arcane Shot by 3, and your Explosive Shot and Chimera Shot by 6.

Rapid Killing - Rank 2/2
After killing an opponent that yields experience or honor, your next Aimed Shot, Steady Shot or Cobra Shot causes 20% additional damage. Lasts 20 sec.

Careful Aim - Rank 1/2
Increases the critical strike chance of your Steady Shot, Cobra Shot and Aimed Shot by 30% on targets who are above 90% health.



My Gear:

Still haven't started yet, but this is my planned gear set. Looks pretty much the same as Beershock's.

Head - Rifle Commander's Eyepatch
Shoulder - Serpent's Shoulders
Chest - Armor of the Fang
Back - Glowing Lizardscale Cloak (Replace with Satchel 'Bandit')
Wrist - Bands of Serra'kis
Hands - Naga Battle Gloves
Waist - Belt of the Fang (Replace with Satchel 'Bandit')
Legs - Hogger's Trousers
Feet - Standard Issue Prisoner Shoe


Finger - Signet of Argas
Finger - Ello's Band
Trinket - Insignia of the Alliance
Trinket - Rune of Duty
Neck - Sentinel's Medallion


TwoHand - Impaling Harpoon
MainHand - Wicked Dagger >>> Dissector
OffHand - Wicked Dagger >>> Thief's Blade/Goblin Screwdriver
Ranged - Naga Heartpiercer

Time to get started!

~Zuty

No comments:

Post a Comment