Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Things First: We're Gonna Need Some Beer

Hello again,

So I started this guy a few days ago, but have been in the process of leveling, gearing, and planning the end result for him out. I introduce to you my F2P Dwarf Shaman, Beershock. (Very surprised the name wasn't taken)

In all his level 12 glory!
 He still has a ways to go, but I can at least talk about and theorycraft his final build.

Why Alliance?

I will be flip-flopping between Horde and Alliance and while I do love the Horde, the Alliance have an eyepatch that will help make my Enhance Dwarf Shaman even better.

Why Shaman?

I've been main playing a Shaman since the days of yore, back when you'd pay 1 copper for a flight from Orgrimmar to Booty Bay, go out for a nice dinner, train in all your new spells, and STILL have enough change left to fly back to Orgrimmar. I've played Elemental, Restoration, and Enhance throughout the years and have seen the good and the bad of each spec. So I decided that it was time to do a F2P version of Shaman and try my hand at some PvP.

Why Dwarf?

I hate Draenei and I like Dwarves. Pretty much the only reason. 10% damage reduction is cool and all, but I didn't pick Dwarf based on racials.

Why Enhance?

The only other Shaman I have seen so far was Resto and that seemed boring. Slap on an Earth Shield and /sleep since you were never going to die. Plus I already have a healer. I want to jump right into the fight and bloody my weapon.

Smexy Talent Tree
Elemental Weapons - Rank 2/2
Increases the passive bonuses granted by your Flametongue Weapon and Earthliving Weapon abilities by 40%, the damage of your extra attacks from Windfury Weapon by 40%, and the effectiveness of the ongoing benefits of your Unleash Elements ability by 50%.

Focused Strikes - Rank 3/3
Increases the damage dealt by your Primal Strike and Stormstrike abilities by 45%.

Elemental Devastation - Rank 1/3
When you deal critical damage with a non-periodic spell, your chance to get a critical strike with melee attacks increases by 3% for 10 sec.






Usually when I go Enhance, I am a FCer, but I wanted to hit stuff this time around and a -1 second casting on Ghost Wolf doesn't really make me out to be a great FCer when Druids can do it instantly and to escape roots. So I went the smash route and took up Elemental Weapons, Focused Strikes, and Elemental Devastation. Elem Weapons will help up the spell powers for my shocks, Focused Strikes will help up the damage on my Primal Strike, and, when my shocks crit, Elem Devastation is there to give me a nice boost in my crit department. I also gain access to Duel Wield, Lava Lash, Primal Wisdom, and Mental Quickness.

My Build:

Head - Rifle Commander's Eyepatch
Shoulder - Serpent's Shoulders
Chest - Armor of the Fang
Back - Glowing Lizardscale Cloak (Replace with Satchel 'Bandit')
Wrist - Bands of Serra'kis
Hands - Naga Battle Gloves
Waist - Belt of the Fang (Replace with Satchel 'Bandit')

Legs - Blackfathom Leggings
Feet - Standard Issue Prisoner Shoe

Finger - Ello's Band
Finger - Protector's Band / Bronze Band of Force
Trinket - Insignia of the Alliance
Trinket - Rune of Perfection >> AGM
Neck - Sentinel's Medallion

TwoHand - Cold Iron Pick (Laugh now, but a 2H to the face hurts)

MainHand - Wicked Dagger
OffHand - Wicked Dagger
((Gear in blue I currently have))

That's it for now,

~Zuty

No comments:

Post a Comment