Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Working Around the Clock: Profession Progress

So I got my eyepatch on Beershock last night and it made me realize that I no longer need to pick up Engineering for goggles. So it made me wonder what professions I will need along the way and what professions I will stick with in the end. Reminder, F2P twinks can only have 100 skill in any profession. (Except Fishing)


So I currently have Cooking, Fishing, Mining, and Skinning. While I could pick up First Aid, I see it as too much of a time sink. I'd need someone to kill the higher level mobs so I can loot the better quality cloth and then slowly make the bandages. Even if I did do that, I am a Shaman and I have a heal spell. I don't think getting the highest possible bandage I can use will make any difference and I am sure people out there will disagree. But I digrees.

Alchemy: I'm not sure if Mixology is available at 100 skill, but even if it was the only potions worth talking about would be Swiftness Potion since the Health Potion and Mana Potions are WAY to weak. Even then, it's not worth a profession spot.
Rating: 1/5, I'll pass.


Blacksmithing: Not much for me to get here. Only reason to go BS would be to make a Silver Rod when I go Enchanting, but since I am limited to a skill of 100, I never need the Runed Silver Rod. The Sharpening/Weightstones would be the only other reason, but I have my Flametounge Weapon and the two don't stack.
Rating: 1/5, I'll pass.

Enchanting: Eventually everyone will pick up Enchanting to give their gear a little boost. There really isn't a lot to talk about as far as enchants go. I'll be getting +1 weapon damage on my weapons, +1 agility to my bracers, +1 resistance to all magic on my cloak, and +15 health on my chest. The minor wizard oil is also good, but it doesn't stack with Flametounge.
Rating: 1.5/5, Enchant my gear and unlearn.

Engineering: I may be picking this up after all. Nice resource of bombs, a way to pick locks (chests and lockboxes) up to skill 150, and a non-combat pet. Only problem is I would need to either stock up on all the mats or forget ever having the Skinning buff and keep Mining.
Rating: 3.5/5, I'll think about it.

Inscription: Tons of glyphs I can't use, an off-hand I don't really need, and a way to get a random level 10 green during the Darkmoon Faire. The only saving grace is the rank two scrolls that give +5 in a stat. Not really worth me losing a profession over. Oh yeah, and a second way to hearth with Scroll of Recall.
Rating: 1/5, I'll pass.

Jewelcrafting: Even if Heavy Silver Ring was useable at level 20, the only useful reasons to go JCing would be: Brilliant Necklace which is really only for casters, Bronze Band of Focus which I may or may not want to use on Beershock, Thick Bronze Necklace if I were a FCer, and Course Stone Statue which heals 15 HP per second for 12 seconds.On top of that, I can turn my stacks of ore that are flooding my bank into gems which will vendor for more. So I will have a nice flow of gold to spend on mounts, non-combat pets, tabards, and the like. Same issue I had with Eng, I will need to drop Skinning for mining.
Rating: 3.5/5, I'll think about it.

Leatherworking: Medium Armor Kits. That's about it. Gonna make as much as I can, slap it on my gear, and then drop it.
Rating: 1.5/5, Enchant my gear and unlearn.

Tailoring: With the advent of 16 slot bags costing almost nothing if you are at a good standing with a faction, Tailoring has nothing to offer but 8 slot bags until then. Literally nothing else is useful unless you want a shirt, but I am Stylish Black Shirt from this chick today.
Rating: 1/5, I'll pass.


Now it is time for the profession buffs:


Lifeblood: The only profession buff that gets you to rank two. 15 Haste and a small HoT every two minutes. Not bad, I'll think about it.
Rating: 3.5/5, I'll think about it.

Mastery of Anatomy: +3 Crit which converts to 0.93% crit. A small amount ... Probably not worth it in the end ...
Rating: 2.5/5, Meh.

Toughness: +3 Stam. Not much else to say ... I like it ...
Rating: 5/5, LET'S DO THIS!

So it looks like Mining and either Eng or JCing. I think I will be going Eng for the pet and JCing so that I can make sure I am at gold cap.


So my plan is: skin as much leather as I can get, drop Skinning for LWing, make as much Medium Armor Kits that I can, drop LWing for Enchanting, DE stuff and chant my gear, drop Enchanting for Eng, get my squirrel, drop Eng and get JCing, ???, WINNING!

~Zuty

No comments:

Post a Comment